Tagged with: Tequesta
Welcome to the UEL.ORGThe UEL is a advocacy organization that supports environmentally responsible development and smart growth. We work to protect the public waterfront, public spaces, and historic and natural areas in Miami-Dade county. Our blog is a forum for discussion, and may not reflect the opinion of all board members. If you support smart growth and environmental protection please join us!
- The Case for Selling Air Rights October 1, 2014Scott Beyer argues that more compact, vertically-oriented cities, like Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, and Washington D.C., should sell the air rights above public projects.Planetizen
- Map Shows the Transportation Agencies Buying Buses and Trains October 1, 2014Looking for a mapping tool that makes it easy to reference news about which agencies are buying what kind of rolling stock and when?Planetizen
- Perfect Logic—Why Drivers and Transit Users Support Public Transportation October 1, 2014The American Public Transportation Association's Director of Policy Development and Research responds to Eric Jaffe's question: "If So Many People Support Transit, Why Do So Few Ride?"Planetizen
- The 'Rule of Two' that Allows Drivers to Kill October 1, 2014An op-ed column by Dana M. Lerner, a New Yorker whose 9-year-old son was struck and killed by taxi while crossing the street earlier this year, explains the legal precedent that lets drivers get away with murder.Planetizen
- AT&T Planning for Growth of 'Connected Car' Market October 1, 2014AT&T is predicting a growth market for wholesale customer relationships with car manufacturers.Planetizen
- Flat Tops No Longer Required for Los Angeles Skyscrapers October 1, 2014Emily Alpert Reyes reports that Los Angeles has overturned a long-standing requirement for its skyscrapers to have flat roofs to accommodate the fire department's helicopters in the event of an emergency.Planetizen
- Do Drivers Know to Give Cyclists a Three-Foot Buffer when Passing? October 1, 2014On September 16, California's newest bicycle law went into effect, the "Three Feet for Safety Act" law. However, most motorists are unaware of it. Maybe a new sign will help.Planetizen
- The Look and Feel of 'Inherently Urban' October 1, 2014Greek orators, current solution-based efforts, and 25 photographs remind us of the central role of human opportunity in the urban environment.Planetizen
- A Conservative's Response to Joel Kotkin October 1, 2014A column by Reihan Salam takes exception to Joel Kotkin's recent portrayal of "anti-suburban conservatives."Planetizen
- Two Narratives Derived from New Commute Data October 1, 2014When it comes to making sense of the American Community Survey's data on commute times, it's all about how you frame the data.Planetizen
- The Case for Selling Air Rights October 1, 2014
Pay for the Orchids and Onions Here!
October 2014 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
There are currently no events to display.