Tagged with: Tequesta
Welcome to the UEL.ORGThe UEL is a advocacy organization that supports environmentally responsible development and smart growth. We work to protect the public waterfront, public spaces, and historic and natural areas in Miami-Dade county. Our blog is a forum for discussion, and may not reflect the opinion of all board members. If you support smart growth and environmental protection please join us!
- How '9x18' Parking Spaces Could Solve Affordable Housing September 15, 2014The "9x18" proposal by the Institute for Public Architecture provides a lesson in the relationship between parking requirements and the cost of housing.Planetizen
- Developer Pins Los Angeles' Infrastructure Problems on Bureaucratic Bloat September 15, 2014According to developer and consultant Michael P. Russell, the city of Los Angeles has a chronic shortage of funds for infrastructure due to a bloated bureaucracy, small district city council elections, and term limits.Planetizen
- Report: Out-Migration Grows in Seattle and Portland September 15, 2014The findings of a new report from United Van Lines along with Michael Stoll, an economist at University of California Los Angeles, show surprising trends from this summer's prime moving months, especially in the Pacific Northwest.Planetizen
- All Aboard Florida's California Connection September 15, 2014All Aboard Florida, the diesel-powered, high speed (125 mph) train connecting Miami to Orlando has ordered new locomotives and coaches with Siemen's Sacramento, California plant. The mostly privately funded train should be running by 2016.Planetizen
- Philadelphia's Housing Incentives Shoot School Funding in the Foot September 15, 2014Philadelphia Inquirer Architecture Critic Inga Saffron is the latest to respond to an article in the Washington Post asking whether family-friendly cities make economic sense.Planetizen
- Latest TIGER Grants Announced: $584 million to 72 projects September 15, 2014The U.S. Department of Transportation has announced the sixth round of TIGER (Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery) grant funding.Planetizen
- Debating Starchitecture: A Mile High View September 15, 2014Is there a sweet spot where architectural boldness and innovation meet sensitivity to local context, history, and culture?Planetizen
- How Cities Save Nature September 15, 2014According to Kaid Benfield of the Natural Resource Defense Council, the best way to save our natural wonders is by living and investing in cities.Planetizen
- Transportation Secretary Foxx Announces Bike/Ped Safety Initiative September 15, 2014Streetsblog's Tanya Snyder, attending the Pro-Walk Pro-Bike Pro-Place conference in Pittsburgh, Pa., reports that Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx announced a U.S. DOT pedestrian and bike safety initiative.Planetizen
- Bike Lanes a Win-Win for Cyclists and Drivers September 15, 2014A recent study by the New York City Department of Transportation on buffered bike lane interventions showed maintained traffic speeds while cyclist safety increased.Planetizen
- How '9x18' Parking Spaces Could Solve Affordable Housing September 15, 2014
Pay for the Orchids and Onions Here!
September 2014 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
There are currently no events to display.