Tagged with: Tequesta
Welcome to the UEL.ORGThe UEL is a advocacy organization that supports environmentally responsible development and smart growth. We work to protect the public waterfront, public spaces, and historic and natural areas in Miami-Dade county. Our blog is a forum for discussion, and may not reflect the opinion of all board members. If you support smart growth and environmental protection please join us!
- The Future of Higher Education: Location, Location, Location July 29, 2014Despite the improving economy, the outlook for the higher education sector is still poor, especially between the endowment haves and have-nots. Another factor playing a critical role in the success or failure of institutions: their location.Planetizen
- Oil Industry Dumping in Healthy Aquifers Amid California's Drought July 29, 2014Inadequate state enforcement of protected underground aquifers led to a group of emergency cease and desist orders. The failure of regulators is "especially disturbing" in a state stricken by a historic, economy- and life-threatening drought.Planetizen
- On the Importance of Denver's Union Station: Then and Now July 29, 2014The reopening of Denver's Union Station last weekend provides an opportunity to reflect on the importance of rail, with its hub at Union Station, in establishing Denver, as well as the city's multi-modal future, again with its hub as Union Station.Planetizen
- Survey Says: What Makes a City Great? July 29, 2014The results of a survey commissioned by Sasaki Associates reveal key insights into what makes cities great for those who love them, as well as where planners and urban designers should focus their efforts in improving the urban experience.Planetizen
- Comparing Boondoggles: Light Rail Line in Detroit, Streetcar in Washington D.C. July 29, 2014Jim Epstein suggests that Detroit's new light rail line is America's largest boondoggle; Matthew Yglesias argues that that ignominy belongs to Washington D.C.'s planned streetcar.Planetizen
- Caltrans Overrides OCTA: 405 Freeway Widening Must Include Toll Lane July 29, 2014Transportation decisions are best made locally, not by the state DOT, right? For those advocating for tolled, managed lanes over free, general purpose lanes, the 405 Freeway in Orange County may prove the exception.Planetizen
- Baltimore Water Wheel Takes out the Trash—40 Tons since May July 29, 2014Part innovative urban design solution, part historic and simple design solution, the city of Baltimore's trash-collecting water wheel has been an unmitigated success at mitigating the trash in the Jones Fall River.Planetizen
- Public Projects at Crossroads: Bellwood Quarry and Atlanta Civic Center July 29, 2014While the plan to transform the Bellwood Quarry into Westside Reservoir Park waits, as it has done for eight years, an Atlanta councilmember proposes locating the endangered Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center near the site.Planetizen
- Reinventing the Suburban Office Park July 29, 2014The need to update aging facilities, as well as competition coming from once-dormant urban rivals, is compelling many suburban office parks to invest in the trappings of more urban settings.Planetizen
- The Incredible, Rising Cost of Forest Fires July 29, 2014The kicker in a recent article about the current realities of forest fires—and the cost of fighting them—in the United States: The federal government spends 624 percent more on fires than it did 20 years ago.Planetizen
- The Future of Higher Education: Location, Location, Location July 29, 2014
Pay for the Orchids and Onions Here!
July 2014 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
There are currently no events to display.