Tagged with: Tequesta
Welcome to the UEL.ORGThe UEL is a advocacy organization that supports environmentally responsible development and smart growth. We work to protect the public waterfront, public spaces, and historic and natural areas in Miami-Dade county. Our blog is a forum for discussion, and may not reflect the opinion of all board members. If you support smart growth and environmental protection please join us!
- Zen and the Choice of Commute Mode August 22, 2014A new study found that commuters opting for active travel modes and rail are more satisfied with their commute than those who take bus, metro, or drive.Planetizen
- BART secures $760 Million for 10-mile Extension to San Jose, California August 22, 2014On Wednesday, officials celebrated the final fiscal installment of the $2.3 billion 10-mile BART extension planned to open in 2018.Planetizen
- Los Angeles is the Least Affordable Rental Market in the Country August 22, 2014A new study confirmed that the average Los Angeles renter allocates 47 percent of their paycheck towards rent.Planetizen
- Voters in Cleveland to Decide Fate of Automatic Traffic Cameras August 22, 2014In November, voters in Cleveland can decide whether or not to ban the use of automatic traffic cameras to catch red-light violators.Planetizen
- Friday Funny: The 10 Best Simpsons Commuting Jokes August 22, 2014The FXX cable network is amidst a massive marathon of all 552 episodes of the Simpsons. Joseph Rose, took a break from cartoon bliss to produce ten of his favorite scenes building jokes out of transportation experiences.Planetizen
- Denver Opts for BRT over 'Modern Streetcar' August 22, 2014The 10-mile Colfax Ave corridor has the city's highest bus ridership but plagued by traffic congestion. After a 2-year study, bus rapid transit with dedicated lanes was selected by city and county staff as part of a $115 million investment strategy.Planetizen
- Divvy Expands Bike-Sharing Stations August 22, 2014Adding 175 new stations by Spring 2015, the Divvy expansion would add 1,750 bicycles to the system in wards further away from the downtown core.Planetizen
- Hacking Traffic Lights with a Laptop August 22, 2014A study by computer scientists from the University of Michigan shows how easy it is to hack and control traffic lights.Planetizen
- New York City Does In Fact Sleep August 22, 2014Brian Wilt, a data scientist at Jawbone, the company behind many fitness trackers, aggregated sleeping patterns of people across the world to see how people's sleeping cycles compare.Planetizen
- Indexing Affordability and Walkability in the United States August 22, 2014Dave Munson discovered the neighborhoods throughout the United States that are both affordable by his salary and walkable.Planetizen
- Zen and the Choice of Commute Mode August 22, 2014
Pay for the Orchids and Onions Here!
August 2014 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
There are currently no events to display.