The Urban Environment League & Dade Heritage Trust honor Women’s History Month and invite you to a panel discussion:
Have Women Been the Major Visionaries for Historic Preservation in Florida?
Panelists include: Sallye Jude, Kathleen Kauffman, Nancy Liebman, Frances ‘Dolly MacIntyre’, Arva Moore Parks and Enid Pinkney
Honorable Coral Gables Mayor Don Slesnick will Moderate
Wednesday, March 17th (St. Patrick’s Day)
at the Rusty Pelican on Virginia Key
$25 – 3 Course Dinner (tax & tip included)
$20 For Students – 7:30 Program Only FREE!
• 6 pm
With Cash Bar
• 6:30 pm
3 Course Dinner
• 7:30 Program free*
Use Paypal (above right side of page) or bring a check (made out to UEL) or cash
RSVP a must ASAP: email@example.com – Phone: 786-472-0011
Welcome to the UEL.ORGThe UEL is a advocacy organization that supports environmentally responsible development and smart growth. We work to protect the public waterfront, public spaces, and historic and natural areas in Miami-Dade county. Our blog is a forum for discussion, and may not reflect the opinion of all board members. If you support smart growth and environmental protection please join us!
- Chicago’s Top Tourist Attraction to Get Green Makeover May 24, 2013The $176 million Phase I design concept for Navy Pier unveiled last week promises a "parklike" feel along the banks of Lake Michigan. […]Jonathan Nettler
- Providence Plans Pedestrian Oasis for Downtown May 24, 2013Utilizing a series of compelling before and after renderings, Amanda Gruen walks through Union Studio Architects' plan to improve the pedestrian and transit experience in downtown Providence's Kennedy Plaza. […]Jonathan Nettler
- Outlet Malls Buck Retail Trends May 24, 2013While traditional enclosed malls, big box stores, and strip malls are struggling in an uncertain retail marketplace, sales at America's outlet malls are growing at a healthy pace. One mall near New York City is showing the pains of popularity. […]Jonathan Nettler
- Can Gentle Gentrification Create 'Shared Neighbourhoods'? May 23, 2013Is revitalization without displacement possible? Although it's a harder and longer process than unmitigated gentrification, Brent Toderian argues that "positive and responsible change" can coexist with the maintenance of existing communities. […]Jonathan Nettler
- City Growth Picks Up, Continues to Outpace Suburbs May 23, 2013New census data shows that America's cities continue to grow at a faster rate than their suburbs, sustaining the reversal of a decades-long trend. […]Jonathan Nettler
- Mapping the United States of Parking May 23, 2013With arresting infographics, architect Seth Goodman aims to expose the absurd parking requirements that can be found in cities across America. […]Jonathan Nettler
- Chicago Plans Largest School Closing in Nation's History May 23, 2013Seeking to trim budgets and 'distribute scarce resources more efficiently,' Mayor Rahm Emanuel's controversial plan to shrink Chicago's school system moved ahead yesterday with the Board of Ed's vote to shut 49 of the city's elementary schools. […]Jonathan Nettler
- Does Delhi's Drive to be a World-Class City Doom Low-Income Communities? May 23, 2013A proposal for a vertical neighborhood in Delhi is long on height but short on insight, according to Greg Randolph of the American India Foundation. Is Delhi ‘poised to repeat the public housing mistakes of the West’? […]Jonathan Nettler
- Developing a Second Life for the Suburban Office Park May 23, 2013Across America, developers and municipalities are trying to adapt a relic of the sprawling post-war suburbs for a more urbane 21st century. Can office park makeovers revive these increasingly barren landscapes? […]Jonathan Nettler
- Canada's Rental Housing Crisis: A National Disaster That Demands a National Answer May 23, 2013With little fanfare, a rental housing crisis has gripped Canada. 42 per cent of young adults live with their parents and hundreds of thousands are on affordable housing waiting lists. It's time for Ottawa to step in, argues Denise Balkissoon. […]Jonathan Nettler
- Chicago’s Top Tourist Attraction to Get Green Makeover May 24, 2013
Pay for the Orchids and Onions Here!
May 2013 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
There are currently no events to display.